AndroidGames3's Blog

How Are Android Apps Developed?

Categories: Blog December 14, 2013 @ 2:03 AM 0 Comments      

Picture

Android Games – The massive rise in popularity of Android smartphones and tablets could be related to its huge repository of apps. Although Windows Mobile and Apple’s iOS provides a much cleaner operating system stack, Android’s biggest advantage is that it has a lot more native apps that both combined. As of 2013, there are 900,000 Android apps developed, with more than 30 billion downloads by its users. It has been made possible by its adaptation from the open-source philosophy, which lets developers use the entire system stack to produce applications.

Android Games – Ever since the inception of Android operating system, Google provides developers using the facility to create their particular apps utilizing the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). The applications are developed making use of the Android API, which is built along with the Java programming language. Actually, the syntax employed for coding the apps is loosely based on the Java specifications. It has made it possible for existing Java developers to migrate towards the Android development environment and make apps.

The Android development kit provides plenty of useful tools like the debugger, interface libraries, exhaustive documentation, tutorials and sample code. The best feature of this SDK is the built-in emulator, which can be used to test out the application. The emulator offers a sample mobile screen and keyboard-controlled operational capabilities.

The Android SDK may be downloaded from the official website and installed as being an add-on tool around the Eclipse IDE. Eclipse is one of the oldest and commonly used development environments for many Java-based programming languages. Moreover, the apps can be created and deployed on all of the desktop os including Microsoft Apple, Windows and Linux Mac OS.

Using the release of every new Android version, the SDK is upgraded to back up the newest features. The core method is maintained and developed from the Google’s Android team, and it provides simple wrapper interfaces to talk using the latest sensor chips placed on devices for capturing advanced inputs like location, air gestures and many others.

It is extremely simple to deploy the final built version on actual smartphones and tablets for real testing. The final item is data with all the “.apk” extension, which can be installed on Android devices within a few steps. Most app developers test the beta version of their app on select devices before releasing it to the world on Google Play Store. Google possesses its own set of guidelines that approves every app that is certainly submitted in the app store.