Cartoon1a's Blog

How Cartoons Are Made

Categories: Blog November 29, 2014 @ 3:02 AM 0 Comments      

Cartoons are narrative sequences of two-dimensional, funny illustrations. Though the word cartoons has no particular meaning, it refers to non-realistic or semi-realistic sketches depicting a comical situation, often with a caption. Cartoonists create them to convey their ideas and judgments to the people. Each cartoon has several language and visual features which help in communicating and making the overall impression. - Cartoons
Though people only see the end product of cartoons, moving animations are not truly the actual moves. To make it appear that there is movement, a series of still pictures are shown at a fast pace. Though this undertaking does not really cost a lot, it takes a lot to make cartoons - patience, perseverance and originality. You could use web resources to analyze animation and educate yourself on ways to create animated cartoons. Its vital to start the process with a great idea.
Cartoons are created using basic process that puts different pictures together. Different tricks could also be used by the cartoonist in order to make cartoons in the shortest time possible. Please find below the simple steps used in making cartoons.
- Stable background: Its a single picture that's put at the background of each and every cartoon frame to prevent redrawing the backdrop for each and every shot. Actually, backgrounds are giant-sized comic strips. They are added as the story advances.
- Voices and drawings: Synchronization between the illustration and the picture requires recording of the character's voices and transferring into magnetic film.
- Stable body parts: They are utilized to redraw moving portions of characters only.
- Repeating backgrounds: They are utilized in cases where the cartoon is running for long distances. They loop to go back to the beginning once the character reaches one end of the background.
- Cells: To be able to create images with portions that are both stable and moving, these are utilized. They are transparent because in each frame, only one layer must be redrawn to be able to make the last frame layered.
- Film-in technology: Its vital to use computers when portions of the cartoons are filled with solid colors.
The cartoonists utilize different features to make their drawing attractive and pass their thoughts and opinions. The features consist of;
- Colors: Normally associated with feelings and ideas.
- Stereotypes: Stereotyping includes the use of incomplete or false information to form quick and superficial pictures of a particular group of individuals. Because it is usually based on people's limited or over-simplistic point of view, it is often seen offensive. Amongst those that have general stereotypes are national groups, ethnic groups, occupations, teenagers, adults, boys, girls, men and women.
- Caricatures: A sketch that makes someone look funny or foolish because some part of the individual's appearance is over-emphasized. Humor should be the main objective.
- Symbols: Symbols like objects, animals, logos and signs are used to indicate emotions and thoughts about mood, atmosphere, people and places.
The World Wide Web is a great source to find animation software that individuals can utilize to create their very own cartoons. A computer with access to the internet is essential. Look for different animation software such as Pencil that enables you to make cartoon utilizing both bitmap and vector graphics. Camera view, sound layer, vector drawing and bitmap drawing as well as basic drawing, animating and importing tools are also included. - Cartoons