“You have to be the change you want to see in the world”  Ghandi once said, and it is true.

Ever since I heard that, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I want to be that change. But sitting around and thinking about it won’t make a change at all! I have to do something, but I need to know what I have to do. I need an idea and I thought about it for a very, very long time. I want to help animals. I love animals so much and I want to help them. Maybe I could talk to the ASPCA people or something, but I want to help soon.

Last year, EPC (Earth Protection Club) didn’t work very well. Nothing really happened and I want something to happen.

Back to animals, well humans think they are so much more important than animals and some people even  think that if one animal dies, oh well, it’s just an animal. That is not something humans should be proud of. Have you ever seen an animal on the road? Well, it makes me sad and mad because if a human ran across the road you wouldn’t hit it! You would do everything you can to not hit it. But when an animal runs across the road, people like us and our parents try not to hit it, but some people think that they are more important and shouldn’t risk scratching or denting their car for a little animal like a squirrel.

This is something we need to think about: in about a hundred years, squirrels could be extinct! (Or deer or other common animals like that. I don’t want them to be extinct. Even though squirrels scare me when they are in my house, I like them.  I want to save these animals!

Remember, “You have to be the change you want to see in the world.”