metacognition /?m?t?k?g?n???n/

noun.Psychology awareness and understanding of one’s own thought processes. 

Our 5th grade L.A class created a long, long, thinking map. Showing how we think when we are thinking. Here are some verbs that we used. 

verb |v?rb|

noun.  Grammara word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence, and forming the main part of the predicate of a sentence, such as hear, become, happen.  

Asking. Learning. Creating. Expanding. Thinking. Inferring. Wondering. Exploring Solutions. Identifying. Working. Believing. Inspiring. Questioning.

Which word catches your mind?  What word makes you want to think? For me, it’s the word creating.  

word |w?rd|

noun a single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing,used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed. 

I think that the word creating most explains the thinking map because we created that from our heads and from scratch.

Speaking of creating, let me tell you how we made the thinking map. So, we started the thinking map on February 15, 2012. Ms. white (our teacher) told us to make a ‘web’ about what goes on in our head when we are thinking.

thinking |??i ng ki ng 

|adjective  [attrib.] using thought or rational judgment; intelligent: he seemed to be a thinking man.  

Later, Ms. White told us to share our web. I shared with Aimee and India. Then after we shared you had to make a web combining all the thoughts that you shared with your group.

The next day we made a long, long, thinking map. and wrote down ALL of our thoughts. I’m pretty sure it was creative.

creative |kr???tiv|

adjective relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work: change unleashes people’s creative energy |creative writing. 

Now,today, I’m typing about what we did. I hope we get to do stuff like this even more. I really didn’t know what was going to happen with this. It was like a roller coaster-surprising stuff just down the corner.

The end!

end |end|

noun a final part of something, esp. a period of time, an activity, or a story :the end of the year | Mario led the race from beginning to end. 

Or… in other words…….

Go. Read. Another. Post!  

Locations of visitors to this page

Locations of visitors to this page