Diet In Pregnancy's Blog

Foods for Pregnant Women

Categories: Blog December 23, 2012 @ 1:10 AM 0 Comments      

Morning sickness, fatigue and the changes happening in the pregnant woman’s body will often make food shopping a torture. Fortunately, there are a few fast and engaging options in terms of food for pregnant women.

What to eat when pregnant

Why Organic Fruit is great Food for Pregnant Women

Keeping the fruit bowl full of crisp apples, summer stone fruit or bananas is a good approach to encourage mom to get her needed fiber and nutrients. Easy to grab when on the run, fruit offers complex carbohydrates that should be along with a good source of protein in order to avoid sugar spikes.

Skip the fruit drinks though, they are nothing but sugar water disguised as something healthy.

Do-it-yourself Trail Mix

Mix raw walnuts, almonds and cashews with small quantities of organic dried berries that have not been sweetened. Stash it in the zip top bag and keep supply within your purse, car or desk at the office.

Not only does this supply a quick snack, the nuts are full of heart healthy fats, and berries are naturally sweet and packed with antioxidants and fiber.

Sprouted Grain Tortillas

Scramble a couple of eggs, atart exercising . veggies and roll everything in a sprouted grain tortilla and you have a fabulous, tasty and quick lunch. Spread some raw almond butter on the tortilla and roll it to have an easy, protein-rich snack.

Roll up a wrap with leftover chicken from last night’s dinner with a few raw spinach leaves plus a bit of tahini and you’ve got a nutritious meal that can go anywhere. Sprouted grain tortillas offer an endless listing of meal ideas.

Organic Eggs

Can there be anything eggs can’t do? They may be great food for women that are pregnant, after they are organic. Maintain a few hard boiled eggs in the fridge for quick snacks, a protein boost on the salad, or slice onto a tortilla.

Organic eggs are rich in choline which promotes baby’s brain development and omega-3 fats which help with brain and vision development. They are cheap and easy and offer first class protein to assist dozens of little cells to develop.

Sweet Potatoes

Yams are wonderful at soothing a sweet tooth craving and so they offer a lot of carotenoids. Carotenoids are converted into A vitamin within our bodies. Unlike the vitamin A you might get from liver, this kind only converts around we’d like, eliminating ab muscles real risks of overeating. Additionally, sweet potatoes offer vitamin C, folate and fiber, all important to both mother and baby.

Premixed Salad Greens

In case you are willing to do a little more work, get a couple of different dark greens, wash them, and bag them together. Spinach, kale, chard along with other greens contain high degrees of A, C and K vitamins.

What to eat when pregnant

K is essential to clotting, C helps you to absorb calcium and iron better, and A helps form healthy skin and supports eye function. Together with your greens these sites are ready to visit, building a salad is a quite simple task.