IndianapolisDeckbuilder's Blog

Indianapolis screen porch builder

Screen Porch Windows - An Easy Option

Looking for a good screen porch DIY idea? Here is one which is easy and contains an additional benefit -screen porch windows. If you already have a screen porch, use them to create a three season porch, porch windows are custom made to fit your existing porch or.

A lot better than a glass option, screen porch windows do not require additional framing which will reduce your overall installation cost. Set them up yourself or employ a contractor. Just accurately look at the distance between your existing framing (regardless of size) and the panels install easily. You could have floor to ceiling panoramic viewing.

Indianapolis screen porch builder

Made from 10-mil vinyl these transparent glazed panels are incredibly flexible and can not break or shatter like glass. It is then perfect for families with children and pets. No need to concern yourself with someone accidentally running into windows. If distorted, they quickly return to their original shape.

Indianapolis Deck builder

They come in two track and vertical four track options. The 4 track option glides up and down to provide you with 75% of your opening in ventilation in comparison to 50% or less for any standard glass window. Another convenient feature is that you can adjust the four track panels in a variety of ways to capture the breeze or keep the rain out. The horizontal panels offer you full air-flow throughout your screened porch.

Want privacy? Screen porch windows are available in tints to permit you visibility but restrict unwanted viewing from your exterior. This helps protect your furniture from fading and reduces heat and glare.

Maintenance is very easy also. The panels tilt for convenient cleaning as well as the aluminum framing only needs a mild soap and water rinse occasionally.

Storage is not a concern. Open the panels in summer to trap the breeze and close them within the cooler months; no additional storage is required.

And because size is not an issue, you can even enclose your garage with these windows! This convenient option lets you convert your garage or larger structure into a screened or three season room. Consider the possibilities.

If you are thinking of converting your existing porch or even your screen porch into a three season room, definitely investigate this window option. They create it an easy and relatively inexpensive choice to standard glass windows without the hassles ofstorage and framing, and safety.