The Noobster Award

Tags: February 3, 2014 @ 4:43 PM 4 Comments      

Congratulations! You have discovered the very first Noobster post. Keep reading to discover three student bloggers whose open and honest communication shows a great deal of courage. They are very high-quality 'noobs' in the Blogosphere, and that's why I have nominated them for this award.

Five questions about me

Why do you blog?
Blogging helps me to organize my thoughts and publish them. Having people read and respond is very exciting, and motivates me to keep writing.

Who is your favorite celebrity?
I am a huge fan of Gary Oldman because has played so many different and interesting characters.

What is your favorite food?
I love Mexican food, especially Chile Verde.

Where would you like to take a vacation?
I want to disappear for awhile on a tropical island in the South Pacific Ocean.

What's your wish for the world?
I wish that people would communicate and connect with each other more because understanding is the key to empathy and peace.

Five random facts about me
I am a little afraid of heights.

I have lived in Japan for about three years.

I am very passionate about music and studied Jazz composition and performance in New York City. You can listen to my music on my SoundCloud channel.

I am not a confident visual artist, but I am trying to learn and improve!

I have been writing a novel for about two years, but it's only half finished.

Five questions for my Noobster nominees
What is your favorite book?

Do you prefer broccoli or cauliflower?

Can you touch the tip of your nose with your tongue, or do you have some other unusual ability?

Would you rather fight against one horse-sized duck or one-hundred duck-sized horses?

If you could change your name, what would you change it to and why?

My Noobster nominees

Julia (Julia's Blog) from JIES Grade 6

Tolga (FINE) from JIES Grade 6

Sudenur (I love Selena Gomez) from JIES Grade 6

Now, write your own Noobster post to nominate five of your favorite student bloggers!

Directions

Your Noobster post should include:

-The red Noobster 'Noob' image embedded.

-One paragraph linking to the post in which the Noobster was nominated and describing your thoughts about receiving the award.

-Answer five questions about yourself.

-Write five random and interesting facts about yourself.

-Ask five questions to your own Noobster nominees.

-Nominate and link to five other student bloggers, preferably in different classes, to make your own Noobster nominations.

Leave comments on those five blogs informing the authors that you awarded them with a Noobster for being courageous communicators, so that they nominate their own favorite student bloggers!

1. lexi (Guest)
    I like Mexican in food to. How long have you liked Mexican food? do you like any other types of food?
    • Mr Miller
      I like all kinds of food, but Mexican is my favorite. I particularly Chinese, Indian, and Mediterranean food. I live in Japan, so I eat a lot of Japanese food. I like sushi, but it's not my favorite. My favorite Japanese foods are various soups like agedashi tofu (fried tofu in soup).
  2. Mrs. A (Guest)
    Hello there! Are you still looking for global classroom connections? So is my class! We are sixth graders in California. Here is our blog: Kidblog.com/6thgradeallstars.

Let me know if you'd like to link our classes.

Mrs. A
    • Mr Miller
      Thanks for connected. Just added your class to our blogroll!

This class been archived. No new comments may be added by students.