JeevTrika7's Blog

Career Coaching Vs Career Counseling - What are the differences?

So what are the differences between career counseling and training? If you're like lots of people today that are in work transition, this distinction can come in handy.

Jeev Trika -  The reality of the is the fact that many career counselors and coaches is quite similar and in both lines of work there are variations in practitioners which can cause them to become more like one than the other. However, in counseling generally speaking, there is an assumption that somebody (the counselor) is experienced and possesses expertise to offer. And this may inherently make it somewhat more of a directive approach. Meaning how the counselor may gather information regarding their client's skills, style, likes, etc after which direct these phones a job how the counselor thinks they will be content with. A counselor would be more likely to possess a listing of possible career-paths and to know all sorts of practical information on one to get information, pay rates for different fields, etc.

Jeev Trika -  An instructor fundamentally comes from the perspective that you're the expert in your own life and it is the job from the coach to support you to grow, develop making powerful choices for yourself, including chances. So, in the coaching model it might be a little more about self-discovery, finding what career will definitely light you up, have you ever excited to attend work daily. And in that case your coach would ask you the best questions to make sure you come up with a plan which will have you investigating different chances and pursuing them so that you can arrive at your own personal answers. The idea and the key distinction is actually your client involves the answers by themselves, it's potentially better than if they are told through the job counselor a recommendation or prescribed course.

Effortlessly this being said, what is important in selecting whether career counselor or even a coach is that you simply feel chemistry and feel better about the person's capacity to you within this essential part of your lifetime. So, you shouldn't be afraid to interview work coach plus a counselor (or multiple) to determine which is right for you...let them know about yourself, what you like about work, everything you don't and any information about your position. At the end of the phone call, ask yourself-do I feel empowered and confident on this person. You won't need to hire the initial person you speak to. Speaking to some handful of coaches and counselors will simply require a couple hours of energy and can repay greatly if you find the proper relationship to guide you to earning the best career choices for you.