JuvenileDefense's Blog

Criminal Defense

Categories: Blog March 16, 2015 @ 11:09 AM 0 Comments      

Criminal Defense

Attorney Beryl Thompson-McClary has extensive experience with all aspects of criminal law. Having gone through over 350 jury trials as both a prosecutor and criminal defense attorney, and with nearly 30 years of experience as a licensed attorney, Beryl Thompson-McClary has got the desire, drive, and talent to represent you in different criminal matter, whether with the state or federal level. domestic violence defense

Positioned in Orlando, Florida, Beryl Thompson-McClary has represented a large number of clients in a wide range of criminal matters, including misdemeanors and serious felonies. Whatever the charges could possibly be, Attorney Beryl Thompson-McClary will defend your constitutional rights and protect your interests for the fullest extent.

Whether a crime is charged on the federal or state level depends upon the particular facts of each and every case. Typically, the following crimes are prosecuted on the federal level:

Drug Trafficking
Finance Crimes, Such as SEC Violations
Fraud Up against the United States
Organized Crime
Any Other Crimes The place that the United States Government Features a Special Interest

Most crimes are prosecuted on the state level, which means that Florida state law will apply to the case. The following crimes are instances of crimes that Beryl Thompson-McClary has handled, both like a prosecutor and as a defense attorney:

Driving Under the Influence (DUI) and Dwi (DWI)

First Offense
Second Offense
Third Offense
Fourth Offense
DUI involving property damage
DUI involving bodily serious bodily injury not resulting in death
DUI involving the death of someone else person or unborn quick child, in which the fetus is viable (homicide, manslaughter)
Underage DUI/DWI

Have a look at our individual DUI/DWI practice area page for more information regarding each of the individual offenses in connection with driving under the influence and the consequences concerning each of them. Criminal Lawyer Florida

Violent Crimes

Murder, Manslaughter, and Attempted Murder
Assault and Aggravated Assault
Domestic and Family Violence
Robbery and Aggravated Robbery

Drug-Related Crimes (including, although not limited to, cocaine, methamphetamine, crack, and marijuana)

Manufacture
Crimes Involving Meth Labs
Possession
Distribution and Delivery
Conspiracy

Sex Offenses

Sexual Assault/Rape
Sexual Assault using a Deadly Weapon/Forced Rape
Sexual Assault of the Child/Molestation
Sexual Assault generally
Indecency which has a Child
Injury to a Child

White Collar Crimes (a few of these crimes could potentially be prosecuted on the federal level also)

Fraud (including, but not limited to, credit card fraud, bank fraud, employment fraud, and welfare fraud)
Embezzlement
Theft and Property Theft
Misapplication of Fiduciary Property
Shoplifting

Per of the crimes identified above, jail time is possible. The amount of prison time and the imposition of fines rely upon the classification in the crime. The table below outlines Florida�s felony and misdemeanor crimes as well as their range of punishment. Keep planned that exceptions may exist that affect the range of punishment for almost any crime.

Attorney Beryl Thompson-McClary also represents clients about the following criminal issues:

Probation Revocation
Parole Hearings
Expungement of Prior Criminal Convictions
Petitions for Non-Disclosure

Possible Negotiation with the Prosecutor

Depending on the crime arrested for, you may be eligible for a plea deal in places you agree to plea guilty to a lesser crime than you were charged with. For example, should you be arrested for possession of cocaine, and also the amount was relatively small, the prosecutor may consent to lower the charge to possessing marijuana, whereby you may be subject to probation and you could avoid time in jail. On the other extreme, if you are charged with a violent crime, the prosecutor might be less willing to negotiate.

Whether the prosecutor will consent to negotiate depends on many factors, such as the following:

Do you do have a criminal record?
Are you currently fully employed and otherwise following the law?
Are you ready to testify against another defendant to acquire a favorable plea deal?
Are that you simply threat to yourself kinds?

Prosecutors will consider over these few questions, however, the main one is whether or not you've got a criminal history. If you have been arrested for drug possession, the likelihood of being offered a favorable plea deal could be decreased if you have been convicted of the same or similar crime previously. In such a case, a prosecutor may be more inclined to impose prison time. But, remember that you do have a right to a jury trial, and if you are honestly not guilty, you will have a chance to prove your case to some jury of your peers.

A strong, competent and seasoned criminal defense attorney who transpires with also be a prosecutor, will talk about with you the best choices for your particular situation. Attorney Beryl Thompson-McClary can look at all of the available facts and give you an honest opinion with regards to your chances of succeeding at trial.

Further, if Beryl Thompson-McClary finds that the police or prosecutor violated your rates for the duration of its investigation, then she'll file motions with the court to suppress particular evidence. For example, an unreasonable search or seizure and a failure of the police to learn Miranda warnings prior to you making an incriminating statement are violations of your rights that Attorney Beryl Thompson-McClary will fight in the courtroom.
Contact Beryl Thompson-McClary Today to get a Free Consultation to Discuss Your Criminal Matter

If you have been charged with a crime, you should seek legal advice immediately. Remember, after you have been given your Miranda warnings, any situation that you say might be used against you in the courtroom. After you have been arrested, you must state that you wish to call your attorney and do not speak with the authorities until your attorney is found. Attorney Beryl Thompson-McClary has a unique advantage over other criminal defense attorneys for the reason that she�s been in the prosecutor�s shoes - she was a prosecutor before becoming a criminal defense attorney. She knows what to anticipate from the prosecutor which enable it to work closely with you for the greatest solution possible for your criminal matter. To schedule your free consultation with Beryl Thompson-McClary, contact her by calling (888) 640-2999, otherwise you may contact her web she will get back to you as quickly as possible.