Kayakfishingkapiti's Blog

How to Catch Tuna - Some Techniques Used in Fishing For Tuna

Kayak fishing kapiti

Tuna is really a major fish that you can find in the market which is a good fish to hook in one of your fishing adventures. Should you be also a health buff, tuna is another good source of Omega-3 efas that help decrease your likelihood of having heart diseases, thus if you're going to go for tuna fishing on your next fishing spree, below are a few techniques on how to catch tuna.

Longline fishing is a kind of commercial way of catching tuna. As the name suggests, commemorate use of a long line or even the main line and the branch lines connected to the main line provides the baited hooks. These branch lines are spaced at even intervals along the main line. One problem however of longline fishing could be the accidental catch celebrate to sea turtles and sea birds. To attenuate this, sinking the long line deeper might help solve the problem.

One way on how to catch tuna is by purse seine where the fish or possibly a school of fish is stored in a net that is then drawn like a drawstring in a purse, thereby trapping the fishes inside. This method however is good for tuna which comes in schools and other fishes that usually swim together in schools.

You may also catch tuna with a simple pole and line fishing equipment or utilize a harpoon gun which has be a modern version of spear fishing within the olden times. if you value big-game fishing, it is also another technique concerning how to catch tuna. Actually, the bigger kinds of tuna - the yellowfin, bigeye and the bluefin tuna are among the big-game fishes recognized for their sporting qualities and big-game fishing enthusiasts are aiming to catch and put in their boats. Some techniques they normally use on how to catch tuna and also other big game fishes is as simple as throwing pieces of bait fish to get them or through the use of lures trolled at the back of the boat. Other ways to catch bigger tuna is actually the use of fish aggregating device.

Keep in mind that catching tuna may involve fighting the fish as they possibly can be exciting fishes to hook especially the yelllowfin tuna. It may yank the line off of the reel and may require a longer time to finally subdue. Using this type of, it is important to remember many ways to help you with tuna fishing - keep your lines tight and ensure you control your reel speed. It is usually important to take into consideration the summer season or time of day that you will be fishing for tuna simply because this will help you vary your approaches for a more effective tuna fishing. Bear in mind also that tuna are often easier to catch in low light conditions because they tend to bite better with this condition.