KendrickLamarTypeBeat's Blog

Making Hip Hop Beats - 10 Easy Steps

Categories: Blog March 5, 2015 @ 9:49 AM 0 Comments      

Kendrick Lamar Type Beat
When you are only starting out making beats it could be fun and frustrating simultaneously. Count on me I used to be there. However it is a lot easier then you definitely think. In case you are making a beat here are 10 tips which get yo stated.

1. Pick a style- Be aware of kind of beat you would like to make before you begin which makes it. Like rnb,rap,pop, etc. There were a lot of beats that I made and may not evaluate which style it had been.

2. Pick A Major Artist- Make a known artist that you'd want to make the beat for. Like should you chose a style a rap, think ok now what artist would you like to make the beat for. Make an effort to that is amazing artist on your beat. This will make your hiphop beat-making have a great deal easier.

3. Pay attention to Their Song- Have a hear the artist you will be making the beat for songs. Start to see the style. Get a sense of the type of rap beats the artist raps over.

4. Formatting The Song- Essential. formatting is, the intro, verse, chorus, verse, bridge, etc. That's all it is but basically you merely change the order around nevertheless, you feel like it. Turn on radio stations and see how your favorite artist formats there song. When instruments can be found in, when they give up. A month . form in the first place is, 2 or 4 bar intro, 16 bar verse, 8 bar chorus, 16 bar verse, 8bar chorus, 16 bar verse, 8 bars chorus. This is the most elementary beat-making song format. This is common in rap. If you want a level simpler way, you may create an 8 bar loop whilst it the same through the entire whole song. I have come across this done a whole lot.

5. Retiring the beat- I've learned that for starters, it's easier to start with the drums. Kick, Snare, Hi hat, will almost always be a good beginning. Record a design for four bars with those first. Then layer by using maybe some toms, cow-bell, symbols, etc. Anything you want to utilize. THE DRUMS ARE THE Most significant IN MAKING Rap BEATS! Your drums must hit striking HARD. The easiest method to get your drums hitting hard is as simple as not using "pitty pat" free kits you downloaded on the internet for free. If your drums are weak, in that case your beat will likely be weak.

6. Setting up A Melody- This is when most hiphop beat-makers have the most trouble. Since most eat makers can't play in the keys. First of all, you might like to learn basic keyboard skills. The main thing you have to learn are, minor and major scales. Once you learn that, try and do different combinations and patterns using the drum beat you have made. Make use of an instrument like, a lead guitar, horns, clav, a thing that will stick out. Your melody could be however, you need it, however for starters, you could do this a 4 bar melody, or even an 8 bar melody.

7. Layering The Beat- What's done a whole lot in beat making is layering. For those who have your whole beat finished. It is possible to go making it sound bigger by layering. All you do is complete some gaps, do the same pattern you probably did with one instrument with another instrument. Do that during your beat. As a result you beat sound a great deal fatter.

8. Pan- Panning is actually through an instrument up to the proper, all the way to the left, and any place in between. You pan for all types of different reasons. It gives each track its little space within the stereo field. There aren't any rules for panning, put you want to do it. So just try it out and see everything you like best.

9. The Mixdown- Very important! Essential! Very Important! If you have a poor mix in your beat, then you've virtually wasted your time and energy. When mixing a beat, start with each track individually. Solo each track and be sure it sounds good alone. EQ it when you have to, but if each track sounds good alone, the entire beat will sound very much better. Usually do not DISTORT! In case your master levels will be in the red before you bounce to disc or .mp3, your distorting. Don't get worried about if it is not loud enough. You never ever ever desire to distort. If you're distorting, check any instrument which includes boom or cheap, Like a kick, bass, sub, etc. these tend to distort more often.

10. The Bounce- Now that you made you're beat, It will be the hottest rap beat ever, you need to wear it cd or upload it to the web. When you're exporting a beat for cd, Use .wav file. 44.1 16bit. If you want to upload to the internet use, 320kbps (the highest .mp3 quality) or 128kbps. Most websites wont accept 320kbps since the file size is too big. So go with 128kbps.