Keratosispilaris1's Blog

What's Keratosis Pilaris?

Categories: Blog December 17, 2014 @ 8:13 AM 0 Comments      

How to get rid of keratosis pilaris
Keratosis pilaris, often called �chicken skin disease� or �KP� affects roughly 40% with the general population, including 50-80% of adolescents. Seems like as rough, scattered patches of small reddish bumps onto the skin, usually inside the arms, thighs, buttocks, and sometimes the facial skin. Without harmful, KP�s unsightly appearance can cause distress to the people suffering from this skin condition to the point where one may avoid socializing and wearing certain clothes (e.g., tank tops, etc.)

Keratosis pilaris getting worse
What Causes Keratosis Pilaris?

A lot of keratin (skin protein) round the hair roots is assumed is the reason behind keratosis pilaris. These hair follicles become clogged and unable to attain the skin�s surface, creating the itchy, red bumps manifestation of KP. Currently, doctors don't know the causes of the unwanted buildup of keratin but genes likely are likely involved. Other possible causes might be food allergies and chemical imbalances.

Can be your Keratosis Pilaris Getting Worse?

Keratosis pilaris is sometimes compounded if the skin is aggravated by excessive scrubbing towards the affected area, showering in scalding hot water, maintaining an unhealthy diet, and struggling with high stress. So get a telephone to become cautious about these 4 elements when treating keratosis pilaris.

How to Get Rid of Keratosis Pilaris

The good news is that keratosis pilaris often disappears or at least diminishes significantly for a lot of KP sufferers by about age 30. But that is definitely understandable why those suffering with KP wouldn't normally desire to wait, particularly when one�s condition is severe.

As there is no cure, there are numerous effective treatments, including medical therapies like using laser facial treatment for keratosis pilaris to a keratosis pilaris natural treatment protocol.

The more natural approach includes treatments like using coconut oil for keratosis pilaris, consuming foods based on a keratosis pilaris diet, exfoliating regularly, applying lotions and creams, and creating a keratosis pilaris do-it-yourself solution if you use aspirin masks or herbal poultices.

Finding out how to get rid of keratosis pilaris often requires patience and diligence. Before embarking on any treatment, natural or otherwise, it is important to first consult a dermatologist. Keratosis pilaris is usually mistaken for other common skin problems like acne and eczema and so it is essential to obtain a proper diagnosis. He/she are able to recommend the best plan of action that you should take and monitor your progress to achieve success.