KirkChewning's Blog

Kirk Chewning- Cane Bay Partners

Kirk Chewning

Kirk M Chewning has almost Twenty years of experience in the financial services industry seeing all sizes of banks, lenders, and credit unions. He currently serves as a Partner in Cane Bay Partners VI, LLLP. His primary responsibilities include performing CEO and Controller duties in addition to assisting with portfolio risk management and underwriting for existing entities as well as new opportunities. Earlier than joining Cane Bay Partners VI, LLLP, he was obviously a Founding Partner/Owner/CFO in Strategic Link Consulting, an industry consulting firm and as the Executive Vice President of TranDotCom Solutions, the best choice in technology solutions to consumer lending organizations. He was greatly responsible in growing TranDotCom Solutions from three partners to over 120 employees. His experience beyond financial controls includes business development, commercial lending, business process control, software development, technology architecture, deployment, as well as financial modeling. Additionally Mr. Chewning has managed a sizable commercial loan portfolio while becoming a Vice President of one of the top 30 banks on earth. He has also served being a Senior Consultant to get a technology and marketing research firm concentrating on business process, competitive intelligence, and product development in Southfield Michigan. Concluding that post, he served being a Partner and VP of commercial Development for a Web application development firm that he helped present in Orlando Florida. With time, Mr. Chewning elevated that startup company to in excess of 20 employees.

Mr. Chewning attended Michigan State University's Eli Broad College of Business earning a Bachelor's Degree in Finance. He is actively involved in volunteering teaching life and company skills at universities throughout America where he has served as the Commissioner of Recruitment and Expansion for upwards of 10 years for his International Fraternity. He is active on St. Croix and currently bowls with a Tropical Ten Pin bowling leagues.