LongIslandCamping's Blog

Long Island Environmentally Friendly Camping

Categories: Blog June 3, 2014 @ 8:53 AM 0 Comments      

When you go Long Island camping you are responsible for more than simply your family as well as the persons you’re with. When you go camping, it’s not only your tent or your RV or maybe your sleeping cot you need to take care of.
Long Island Camping

What most people don’t realize is that when they go camping, they are also responsible for taking care of the environment and making sure they do not do anything that is harmful to Long Island’s nature.

One thing you need to remember when going camping is always to dump your trash properly. Never leave any trash behind or worse throw them in lakes or streams. Instead it is best to have trash bags ready and drive them together with you whenever you leave the campsite. If you segregate your garbage and placing biodegradable and non biodegradable trash in different containers, It’s even better. Make sure you dispose of these trash bags properly.

Second, respect the creatures as well as the wildlife that reside inside the forest or park you’re camping in. It’s their home and also you shouldn’t do just about anything which could disturb or harm them. Hunting is definitely an activity largely criticized by environmentalists. Those who take pleasure from hurting animals to see them cry in pain do not have respect for Nature. You can find nature friendly activities you are able to engage in when you need to marvel at these creatures like bird watching.

Third, don’t follow tips which are damaging to nature such as the hairspray tip which encourages you to utilize a hairspray to obtain rid off insects. Hairspray contains substances that are contributory towards the depletion from the ozone layer and also to climate change. If you want to protect yourself from ticks and mosquitoes, just apply insect repellent lotion on your skin. When utilizing soap, choose those that are biodegradable. Also choose paper bags instead of plastic bags. However, if you can’t stay away from plastic bags, make certain you recycle them.

Fourth, never leave a mark behind. Leave the campsite the way it is. Nix any ideas of the son to carve out his initials around the trees. Discourage your friend from vandalizing on the large rock and writing, “Joe was here”.

Never leave a campfire attended because this is dangerous and may start a fire in the campsite also.

Fifth, this is a very good idea to utilize environmental friendly camping equipment. For many years, many human practices and equipment have caused for your deterioration from the environment. That’s why whenever you go camping it is vital that you choose camping gears like Coleman heaters which are safe for your environment. The Coleman BlackCat Catalytic heater as an example runs using clean-burning propane that is certainly earth friendly.

Always be worried about environmental surroundings in whatever activity you’re doing, whether it’s camping or some other activity. Remember, there’s no place like Long Island so we must do everything to care for our Mother Nature and our precious water giving aquifer.