Luckyblockmod's Blog

How you can Host A Minecraft Server

Categories: Blog March 17, 2015 @ 8:29 AM 0 Comments      

Lucky block mod

Minecraft is a popular open world game you could play being a solo or as a multiplayer. For you to play in the game like a multiplayer, you must rent or host a server. Hosting a server is usually better since it is commonly less expensive than renting. If you want to host the server, here are steps that you ought to follow.

Download this system

You ought to download the minecraft program in the minecraft website and put it aside in your computer.

Before downloading this system, you must make sure that your computer is compatible with this system. For instance, you need to ensure that your computer has a fast CPU and sufficient RAM.

Since minecraft requires java to run, you should ensure your computer has the latest version of java. Window computers usually don't come with pre-installed java; therefore, you need to download it from java website.

Mac computers usually come with Java pre-installed in most cases update automatically. If your Mac does not have the latest version of Java, you can download it in the Java website.

Prepare this program to be used

After you have downloaded minecraft, you have to prepare it for use. If you are using a windows computer, you simply need to double-click the file that you had saved this system in. After double clicking you will see an interface window along with a number of messages.

If you use a Mac computer, you should create a command file. You are doing this by opening TextEdit and from the format menu, choose 'make plain text'.

Then copy the instruction: '#!/bin/bash cd "$(dirname "$0")" exec java -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar minecraft_server.jar' then save the file inside the same file you had saved the downloaded minecraft.

Modify the method in which you would like to play in the game

This can be achieved by accessing the properties file with the server. You do this using a notepad in windows or TextEdit in MacOs. You need to configure the settings to your liking after which save the alterations.

For example, if you wish to play the game in survival mode, you should leave the game mode setting at '0'; however, if you want to play in the game in creative mode you need to set the overall game mode to 'I'.

Determine who are able to connect to the game

Here you only need to edit the white-list file with the help of the username of each and every player that you'd desire to connect to the server. In order to save, you ought to press enter after ever username.

Get your public Ip

This is actually the address which you provide to anyone who desires to connect with the server but he/she is outside your immediate network. Finding the Ip is straightforward when you just need to do a web search utilizing an argument including 'what is my IP'.