MinecraftHosting's Blog

(No Title)

Categories: Blog December 28, 2013 @ 1:26 AM 0 Comments      

watch?v=NElqvyXoPvQ

Hosting Your Very Own Minecraft Server

Mojang allows players for hosting their own Minecraft servers while using server JAR file. By hosting your own personal Minecraft server you'll be able to modify the servers settings and enjoy friends. - Minecraft Hosting

The very first thing you will have to do is open your command prompt and find out which form of Java is installed on your personal computer. You can easily install the newest version, but running the command "java -version" will assist you to confirm that you're running Java 7.

The final step is to download the Minecraft_Server.exe file which will launch the JAR file inside Windows with the proper parameters. The download is accessible on Minecraft's official website.

In order to alter the allotted RAM (server memory) you can create a batch file that will launch the Minecraft_Server.exe. Simply open Notepad and paste the next distinct code:

64bit

"C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7binjavaw.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar "Minecraft_Server.exe"

32bit

"C:Program FilesJavajre7binjavaw.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar "Minecraft_Server.exe"

Replace 1024 with the amount of RAM you would like to provide your server in megabytes amd save the file as "start.bat". You may use Google to complete gigabyte to megabyte calculations. Opening this file begins your server.

After getting your server running you together with friends connected on a single local network can join the server by opening the Minecraft client and joining the server IP "localhost". If you want to experience with friends online, you must port forward your router so outside connections can hook up to your server. You can even install Hamachi, a program giving you a public IP address. It is a complicated process and many residential web connections cannot handle a great deal of players online.

To start configuring your server you can open the server.porperties file which was created when you launched your Minecraft server. This file provides the main settings to your server, after making edits you ought to steer clear of the server and begin it again for changes to take effect. Your server's folder may also include a file called ops.txt. This text file enables you to list players who needs to have administrative privleges around the server. After placing your username inside the file, save it and restart the server. Your banned-players.txt list is a useful gizmo for combatting malicious users, and also the whitelist.txt file enables you to block all players except those listed. - Minecraft Hosting