MoodDisordersQuestionnaire's Blog

Types of Mood Disorders

Categories: Blog May 2, 2014 @ 8:45 AM 0 Comments      

Mood Disorders Questionnaire - There are two categories of mood disorders recognized by the psychiatric community: unipolar and bipolar disorder. Are both a kind of depression using the difference being those who suffer bipolar disorder, also referred to as manic depression, also experience extreme swift changes in moods between depression and instances of extreme mania or high energy.

Mood Disorders Questionnaire - The unipolar, or depression, type of mood disorder can further be separated to the various kinds of depression such as:

1. Depressive disorder.

2. Dysthymia.

3. Seasonal affective disorder.

4. Postpartum depression.

Mood disorders are seen as an continued feelings of sadness, despair, guilt, irritability, appetite loss, constant fatigue and suicidal thoughts. Differing people could have different mixtures of these thoughts and feelings, rendering it important for sufferers to find specialist to assist evaluate the various symptoms. Even though some of such feelings are routine in your everyday living, after they become an ongoing problem that continue for weeks, months and even years it really is considered a mood disorder that requires some type of medical or psychiatric treatment.

The actual cause of mood disorders is not known. It does appear that many combinations of outside events can trigger a chapter. It is known that numerous individuals who suffer mood disorders also have a chemical imbalance from the brain that produces them more susceptible to those depressed feelings. Researchers have also shown that the various kinds of mood disorders can run in individuals are regarded as a hereditary trait.

Management of mood disorders varies based on the disorder itself and then any outside influences that could contribute to the disorder. These outside influences include illness, drug or alcohol abuse or even a major life changing event. Normally these need to be handled combined with mood disorder for treatment to achieve success.

The climate disorder itself may be treatable with anti-depressant medication, therapy or even a combination of the two. The different sorts of mood disorder can usually be treated successfully if it is sufferers seek help. Unfortunately nearly half of individuals that suffer from mood disorders never seek the assistance they require.