Alex's Awesome Blog's Blog

May21

The Virus

Categories: Blog May 21, 2014 @ 7:17 AM 1 Comment      

I believe that technology is horrible thing. I t takes over and it does isolate from the outside world. Now you have to have the latest game on your phone but when my parents were kids all they needed were other kids to play. It’s horrible to think what ┬áit’s turned into like they said in the video we’re slaves to the technology we mastered. I think that is entirely true. The only thing we get out of technology is communication. Yet we use are phones and devices for so much more. I see my little cousins asking hteir parents for their iPad and I wonder if they can be entertained any other way. What do you think about technology.

1 Comment

1. Mr. Tompkins (Guest)
    Alex,

As a Technology Teacher, even I know that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. As with all things in life, we must find balance.

Did you know that children from birth to age two should not be watching TV, using tablets, phones, or video games? The National Association for the Education of Young Children has research that shows that using technology at young ages can cause the brain to develop in ways that can effect learning as well as social interactions. Not enough people know this.

I applaud you and your classmates for investigating the use of technology.

Mr. Tompkins
    from Maine