emmy`s cool blog's Blog
Technology

Categories: Blog May 21, 2014 @ 10:34 AM 10 Comments      

I don’t know if technology good or bad after watching the video “look up”?  I really don’t know anymore. It is not good to always be using technology. There should be times that technology should be off limits, like during dinner. Technology also helps you connect to people that are far away. Like my grandparents who we Skype when they are in Florida. It also helps people in the business world. Technology is a great tool if used in the right way. Many times we are texting the person sitting next to us, instead of talking to them. A balance of technology is usually the best way to use it.

Emma :)

1. Agnieszka (Guest)
    Hi Emma,

I think you would really enjoy any talk of Sherry Turkle to gain even more perspective and hear more arguments out! You can try her TEDtalks or google an article online that you find appealing or clear enough to read (she is a scientist and some vocabulary she uses might be a little unclear, but if you challenge yourself to read those as well, it will be very rewarding!).

Keep a balanced information diet!
    Agnieszka from Poland
  2. Dalton (Guest)
    I agree with you emma a mix is usually the right way to go
  3. Claire Henry (Guest)
    This was a very interesting Subject. I agree with you because technology can be a very good thing or a very bad thing, It depends on what you’r doing and what you’r going to do with it.

Liberty School District
  4. Ben (Guest)
    Hello I am a 7th grade student Liberty, Missouri. I agree with you that Technology is good and bad. In our school, we use computers everyday. This makes writing papers ad getting tasks a lot easier. On the flip side, technology is taking away many things from childhood. For example, a 5 year old would rather play computer games then go outside and ride a bike.
  5. Parman (Guest)
    I agree I think that we should be able to use technology at school because it will help students stay organized also have a wider range of resources for school
  6. Daly (Guest)
    I think that sometimes technology can take over peoples’ lives. Sometimes I think about how the future will be, and I always imagine people not even being able to talk to one another, but if people are able to tame their obsession over technology, our world would be a great place.
  7. Matthew (Guest)
    Hi Emma,

I enjoyed reading your blog on your thoughts about technology. What if we could create some rules on how to use technology and the appropriate times to do so?

I agree that technology should be off limits during dinner and there are many others that agree with you too. There are actually some restaurants that are considering implementing a discount if you do not use your technology while you are at their restaurant.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!
  8. Gabby (Ms. Northington's Class 12-13)
    I totally agree Emma! I like your story!
  9. Mr. Tubach (Guest)
    I think you’re right, Emmy. Technology is both good and bad. At it’s best, technology is a tool that helps us communicate and run society more efficiently. Nice post!
  10. Mr. Tubach (Guest)