My Book Recommendations

Categories: Blog May 13, 2014 @ 8:59 AM 20 Comments      

13 May

Blogging challenge #28 is about book recommendations and school is coming to an end and summer will start. That means when school ends we won’t get to book recommend! :( Some books that I would recommend that I really loved are:

• Counting by 7s by:¬†Holly Goldberg Sloan
  • Escape Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by: Chris Grabenstine¬†
  • Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by: Karen Foxlee
  • Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by: Kate Dicamillo
  • When You Reach Me by: Rebecca Stead
  • Three Times Lucky by: Sheila Turnage
  • The Lemonade War by: Jacqueline Davies
  • Mockingbird by: Kathryn Erskine
  • A Tale Dark & Grimm Series by: Adam Gidwitz

I loved these books because they suck you in and you want to keep reading to see whats next! There all different genres, action, adventure, mystery, fun, funny! These are all probably in my top ten favorite book picks! Please comment any book recommendations that you think are great books and that I should read! Also comment where you are from! Can’t wait to see what you recommend!

Sincerely, Ella

1. Priscilla (Guest)
    When I Was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago is amazing.
  2. Mariana (Guest)
    Hi Ella,
    My name is Mariana, And I’m from Massachusetts.
    My teacher showed me your blog post, and I was quite intrigued!
    I myself do book reccomendations for my school library.
    I noticed that you reccomended “When You Reach Me” by Rebecca Stead, and I noticed That we have somewhat of a shared taste in books.
    There is a similar book called “Granny Torrelli Makes Soup” And it is plain wonderful.
    I’d think you’d really enjoy it.
    I’m looking foward to you reading my blogs and commenting on them.
    (just as a warning, They’re mostly fantasy)

Yours Truly.
    -Mariana.
    • Ella
      Hey Mariana!
      I have read actually read “Granny Torrelli Makes Soup” like you said it is plain wonderful! Thanks for commenting and recommending! Thanks! ;)
      Ella*
  3. Samantha from @MrsHallidays4th (Guest)
    Hi Ella,

Those are some great book recommendations! There are some that I havven’t read yet. I think you might like a book called Mystery in Chocolate Town by Carole Marsh. It takes place in Hershey PA, that’s where I’m living. Also, Remembering Mrs. Rossi by Amy Hest is a good book. Its sad at times, but I like how its written in the voice of the little girl.

Happy Summer Reading Ella!
    Samantha!
    • Ella
      Hi Samantha!
      Now I can’t wait to read “Mystery in Chocolate Town” It sounds so good!!! That is so cool that you live in Hershey PA! Happy summer reading to you too!
      Ella*
    • Ella
      Hi Samantha!
      Ella*
  4. Ava K (Miss Perry's 2nd Grade)
    Hi Ella!
    I’m Ava. I live in Scranton, PA.
    I recommend James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl and The Mouse on the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary.
    I liked these books because they were exciting!
    I hope you enjoy them!
    • Ella
      Hey Ava!
      Actually I’ve already read “James in the Giant Peach” and “The Mouse on the Motorcycle”
      Thanks for recommending!
      Ella*
  5. Carol (Guest)
    Have you ever read Celia Garth by Gwen Bristow? It’s about a young girl who becomes a seamstress and a spy during the American Revolution. One of my favorites.
    • Ella
      Hey Carol!
      That sound so interesting and no I have not read it! Looking forward to it!
      Ella*
  6. Sreya (Guest)
    Hi Ella. I saw that you had the book Mockingbird by Katherine Erskine. I think you’d also enjoy Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper.
    -Sreya
    • Ella
      Hey Sreya!
      I have already read “Out of my Mind” in 4th grade and my class read it aloud for The Global Read Aloud!
      Thanks for the recommendation!
      Ella*
  7. Peter (Guest)
    The Encyclopedia Brown books rock! If you like mysteries and puzzles, you will LOVE Encyclopedia Brown!
  8. Mrs. Stakey (5th Grade Reading Blog)
    Ella,
    I really enjoyed your book recommendations and how well you put it all together. I have linked our blog post to my blog to recommend books for our summer reading challenge. Please stop by and check out our reading wheels. Maybe you can recommend some books based on their favorite genres. http://kidblog.org/shreading5/

We are trying to reach over 1000 comments before the last day of school, May 28th. Can you and your class help us reach our goal?
    • Ella
      Mrs. Stakey,
      Thanks for the address to your blog! I can’t wait to check it out! I also can’t wait to recommend and I will totally help your class get to 1,000 comments!! Good luck!
      Ella*
      P.S.
      My Birthday is on May 28!
  9. Neida (5th Grade Reading Blog)
    Hi Ella. My name is Neida. I really enjoyed your book recommendations. When you put Mockingbird by: Kathryn Erskine, it looks interesting because, I’ve heard its a very good book. Some books that I recommend you to read are Old Yeller by: Fred Gibson, and Out of My Mind by: Sharon Draper.
    • Ella
      Hey Neida!
      Thanks for commenting and recommending! I appreciate it! “Mockingbird is a really interesting and great book! It’s a little sad but I think you will love it!! I have already read “Out of my Mind” in 4th grade and for a read aloud in our class for The Global Read Aloud. Thanks again!
      Ella*
  10. Mrs. Stakey (5th Grade Reading Blog)
    CONGRATULATIONS, ELLA!! You were the 1000th person to comment on our class blog! We would like to send you a prize from our 5th grade class. I will contact your teacher. Thanks for taking the time to read our blogs and keep the conversations going!
    • Ella
      I’m so happy that I got your class to reach your goal!!! No problem! That sounds great!
      Ella*
  11. Gabby (Guest)
    I recommend the Diary of a wimpy kid series. They are funny!