What I Live By:

WARNING: I am feeling very jubilant and will be spouting random things that made me very excited.

I read the directions for this challenge and immediately jumped on a site and read some funny quotes. Really not the heart of the challenge, but I went, “Hey! Excuse to read funny life quotes!” Though most of them didn’t make sense. Here are some of my favorites, but I’ll warn you, some of them are a little mean. But really just a little.

He who laughes last, thinks slowest.

A day without sunshine is, well, night.

Seen it all, done it all, can’t remember most of it.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be misquoted and used against you.

I just thought those were funny and had to share. But for the actual challenge, I live by “being sensitive.” That for me means being caring and kind all at once, and just noticing when people feel things.

I mad up a quote the other day, “You have to fall to fly” I think it means that you have to make mistakes, you have to fail, in order to succeed. So i don’t feel quite so awful about mistakes.

What words do you live by? What quotes do you think are true?

Comment!!!!

ROSE ;)

1. Sydney the Superstar
    What rules do I live by? Well, I’m copying this straight from my blogpost that I posted last night, so…
    1. Think of others before yourself.

Selfishness is not something to be proud of. Respect and treat others the way you want to be treated. The Golden Rule.

2. Discover something new each day.

Dig deep and don’t be afraid to learn. Ask questions and explore.

3. Speak up.

Don’t let others scare you down. Stand up and know that you are important! Tell people what you feel.

4. Try something new each day.

Be brave and try something new. Experience new things and explore the huge, exotic, intriguing world we live in.
    These are the 5 Life rules I came up with and why!!!!!! I wonder if that’s even what Mrs.Ripp wanted… ▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Oh well! I like how you did QUOTES you live by and not just RULES that you live by .I think that’s different and pretty cool! That’s pretty unique. Good idea!
  2. Jena Ball (Guest)
    Thinking about falling to fly, I know that many birds push their babies out of the nest so they are forced to learn to fly. Most do fall first and end up on the ground for a few days. I recently wrote about falling not being failing. You might enjoy: http://critterkin.com/2014/01/falling-isnt-failing/

As for sensitivity, I think it’s a great quality as long as it is tempered. How do you keep from being overwhelmed or too tangled up in people’s lives?

Jena
    • Rose
      Thank you for the link, it was a more realistic story than some, failure is real, but it does not have to be the last move. Coming back from failure is possible. I think that can be a more important message than just to succeed. It means you can go on, and I definitely think that is inspiring. New motto – Failure isn’t the end.