Lets recommend books to each other!!!

Categories: Blog May 14, 2014 @ 3:51 PM 9 Comments      

Hey guys, it is Hotelsarefunabyndstuff or otherwise know as Kevin, and I am here to ask, WHAT BOOKS  DO YOU RECOMMEND? I have quite a few books to recommend too, such as:

“Bud not Buddy” by Christopher Paul Curtis

“The One and Only Ivan” by Katherine Applegate

“The Boy On The Wooden box” by Leon Leyson

“Prisoner B-3087″ by Alan Gratz

“The Watson’s go to Birmingham” by Christopher Paul Curtis

So, there are the books I recommend, if you want to recommend books to me, put your recommendation in the comment section. Bye!

1. Mrs. Hembree (Guest)
    We recommend True (…sort of) by Katherine Hannigan. Here’s a blog post about the book:
    http://bellbulldogreaders.edublogs.org/2014/05/13/a-true-sort-of-conversation/
    By the way, it’s not just a book for girls, boys like it too.
    If you like baseball, there’s a new book out by Tim Green called New Kid that I recommend.
    From,
    Mrs. Hembree
  2. Nicole (Guest)
    I highly recommend “Crossing Stones” by Helen Frost. It is a book written in verse that tells the story of three teenagers in the US in 1917. They are living through WWI, the women’s suffrage movement and the influenza epidemic. Exciting read to be sure!
  3. Cara (Guest)
    “Fortunately the Milk” by Neil Gaiman
    The “Joey Pigza” books by Jack Gantos
    “The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane” by Kate DiCamillo
    “Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze” by Alan Sliberberg
    “Rules” by Cynthia Lord
    “Frindle” by Andrew Clements
    There are so many fun books–too many to list! :o)
    Happy reading!
  4. DrMelissaF (Guest)
    I saw your link on Twitter and thought I would share my recommendation. One of my favorite books in 5th grade was “The Westing Game” by Ellen Raskin. I remember re-reading it a lot when I was young. I still have a copy of it on my bookshelf!

I also have really enjoyed The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott. I am currently reading the 5th book in the series. I like how historical figures appear in a modern setting. I am also a big fan of magic and fantasy. This book series does a good job blending both together.
  5. Mrs. Stakey (5th Grade Reading Blog)
    I love this idea!! Would you stop by our class blog and recommend some books to my students? We will return the favor this week! http://kidblog.org/shreading5/
  6. @jeReads (Guest)
    Kevin, here’s a few book recommendations for your class:
    “Flora & Ulysses” by Kate DiCamillo
    “Counting by 7s” by Holly Goldberg Sloan
    “Al Capone Does My Homework” by Gennifer Choldenko
    “Cosmic” by Frank Cottrell Boyce
    “Frindle” by Andrew Clements
  7. Demani (Mrs. Corey's Class)
    I recommend my favorite book Matilda its about a girl who can control stuff with her mind :) .
  8. Jayson (Mrs. Corey's Class)
    I have read The one and only Ivan Its a Very interesting and sad book i also recommend others to read it to.
    • Gabby (Guest)
      I know! It is! Love the post