Paintremover2's Blog

The way to Remove Paint Before Starting a New Splash of paint

Categories: Blog February 24, 2014 @ 9:23 AM 0 Comments      

Stripping paint or varnish – While finding the perfect shortcut to get rid of old paint would be ideal, this really is one region of do it yourself that requires blood, sweat, and tears to obtain the job finished. In order to effectively prepare a wall for a new paint, you have to first remove loose paint and prep the surface of the walls by scraping and sanding.

The way to Remove Paint

Stripping paint or varnish – To begin with, you may want to enlist several friends to assist you scrape and take off paint from the walls of your home before slapping on a new coat. For top results, use the following tips:

1. Wear protective gear, including eyewear and disposable respirators. This will prevent you from inhaling paint particles or getting dust within your eyes.

2. Cover floors with old sheets or disposable tarps to catch dust and shavings to create cleanup easier.

3. Utilize a paint scraper to carefully remove peeling paint from the wall in an even motion. This helps to scrape many paint from your wall.

4. After scraping paint off of a wall, the wall should be sanded to produce a smooth surface for a new splash of paint. Gently sand a wall with fine grit sandpaper; avoid over-sanding in your community, which will create uneven patches.

5. Wash walls lightly to get rid of any particles of dust after sanding. Avoid saturating the walls; instead, use hot water and a damp sponge to eliminate visible dust.

Get ready for a brand new Splash of paint

After following the steps listed above, experts recommend cleaning any dirty areas with a heavy-duty cleaner or deglosser before painting. This will help to eliminate dirt or oil from a wall that may cause new paint to chip or peel later on.

When cleaning, wipe on a cleaning product in the circular motion having an abrasive pad. Start at the end from the wall and work your way up. After a surface continues to be cleaned completely, visible holes should be filled and sanded smooth once again before using new paint.

Once you’ve carefully removed paint and cleaned the walls, you’re ready to use a primer and get ready for the newest splash of paint. A primer is important as it will probably be used to support a company bond involving the freshly sanded wall surface and also the new topcoat of paint.

Taking the time to organize a wall with primer before painting prevents stains from bleeding through, and it will provide preemptive coverage for the paint topcoat. Much more importantly, primer is used for adhesion to give the life span of your topcoat of paint and reduce blistering within the final product.

When you have done hard attempt to prepare a wall to create, you need to begin! Unless you feel confident removing old paint from the wall and repainting an area yourself, it may be worthwhile to make contact with a professional painting company for a consultation. At least, it is possible to remove paint from your walls before hiring an expert to economize on overall labor.