SlowMotionParkour's Blog

Parkour Fears: How To Overcome Your Fear Of Doing Parkour

Categories: Blog December 8, 2013 @ 1:27 AM 0 Comments      

You have trained the body, day after day, doing pull-ups, lunges, squats all to produce the explosive power that you require for Parkour. When you stand there, face to face with your obstacle, you stop dead. You hands start getting sweaty, you begin encouraging yourself: this can be done! You can accomplish it! Yet your system remains frozen. You may have failed. vfx shorts

Everything you witnessed will be the gap - the space between your survival instinct and your desires. Your survival instinct sees absolutely no reason to perform such a dangerous trick when you are able simply walk around however your desires crave the adventure, the rush you get once you complete the trick. I myself have met this gap in myself often. To get over it, We have developed the following advice and techniques.

Witness the Trick:

Through the strength of the net, we have now YouTube and YouTube contains countless clips on Parkour. Use YouTube to obtain the trick that you wish you can watch and do it over and over again to convince yourself it can be done and exactly how it's done.

Imagination:

After seeing the key done in third person, now imagine yourself doing the trick yourself. Make everything in slow motion. Imagine yourself running up to the obstacle, feel every muscle contraction, feel where the body is, feel the volume of power you need to overcome the obstacle.

Join A Group:

In many cities, there is a Parkour group. This is a group of Traceurs who meet and exercise Parkour around the city. Before, they can give you encouragement and tips on your current problem because all of them have been there. light painting They also know a variety of Parkour as well as a change of scenery could just be what you need.

Start Small:

Pretty explanatory but I'm amazed at the quantity of those who try to carry out a trick without trying a lesser version first. If you wish to perform a double Kong, try to perform a leaping Kong first, for example.