TheFloorDoc's Blog

Taking Care Of Your Marble Tile Flooring - Top tips

Categories: Blog December 2, 2014 @ 11:23 AM 0 Comments      

A shiny and polished marble floor tile is a truly beautiful sight to see. On one hand, marble can be a hard and durable material, and might last for years. On the other hand, the polished surface can be marred by chemicals, stains and abrasions. The skill of keeping marble in its pristine, shiny and original state needs a lot of continuous attention and care. Restoration

Stuff That Could Do Damage To Marble Floor Tiles

The exquisite the different parts of marble present for a shiny, durable coat. However, its sensitive nature presents plenty of hazards that could wreck, or probably deduct some of the elegance and shine that it should always possess.

A number of porous and soiling material present dangers to marble's luster, and among these are sand and soil. Sand and grit carried from outside by shoes can certainly scratch and grind the marble floor tiles' surface like sandpaper. Unprotected furniture legs may leave scratches too, and dragging heavy objects or sharp items on to the floor can cause very visible and deep scratches or gouges that could be permanent.

Liquid or food containing acid when spilled on marble floors could also etch, or leave an ordinary mark on marble surfaces. Examples of these are lemon juice, orange juice, carbonated beverages, cranberry juice, apple juice, wine, tomato, etc. The dull mark or stain either can be as large as a coin size or could spread over several tiles. Another terrible way to obtain etch marks and stains are cleaning detergents that have acid. Examples of they're tile cleaners, vinegar, Ajax, Soft Scrub, etc. Marble flooring are porous and may easily be discolored by spills from food, sitting pots, metal furniture legs, oil, ink, water damage, etc.

In addition to chemicals that have acid, there are mixtures which contain high alkaline or bleach can damage marble floors to loose its shine and type. Tap water could also be damaging to some marble floor tile. Local water could contain chlorine, salts, magnesium, potassium and other minerals. When water is used regularly to clean the marble floor, it might ruin certain types of marble by causing pitting, spalling and yellowing. It is necessary for homeowners to protect the floor with a premium sealer.

Marble Ceramic tile Cleaning Tips

* Cover the furnishings legs that come touching the marble floor tile with special felt pads or plastic. These can be purchased in home centers or appliance shops. Appropriate protection will decrease the damage from scratches and dents.

* Shield the marble ceramic tile with a good penetrating sealer to lessen etch marks, gouges and prevent stains and moisture from filtering into the marble. In applying the sealer properly, ask for a professional stone care company to help you.

* Be sure to utilize only neutral cleaners or stone soap liquid created specifically for natural stone that won't harm the surface or erode the luster. Refinishing

* Remove spills and stains with paper towel. Usually do not wipe because doing so will spread the spill. Flush the region around the floor and then when the floor dries, it'll streak or appear grimy. However, in the event the marble tends to streak each time that you mop the ground, try drying the marble having a clean terry cloth towel or buff using a residential buffing machine.

* Damp mop the ground regularly 1-2 times weekly to eradicate dirt and soil. Mix cleaning solutions by using manufacturer's directions. Always use clean cold or tepid to warm water. Do not use hot water simply because this will cause the marble floor tile to streak. Place all plants over a special base or stand to prevent deep stains and scratches