ticketbroker19's Blog

How to Become a Ticket Broker

Back then, in order to watch your favorite band in concert or your sports team live, you must endure waiting in long lines and praying to the heavens that the tickets are not sold out yet. There was also a time when buying tickets to these events were generally regarded by your parents as not only a waste of time, but also of money. Well, fret no more. Here’s a way where you can enjoy and earn money just by buying tickets: be a ticket broker!

Basically, a ticket broker is one who resells tickets for admission to events. Those tickets for re-sale are usually obtained by its brokers from licensed sellers, which are then sold by the ticket brokers for a price depending on the demand. The extent of the demand opens up an evident opportunity for the ticket broker since they can take advantage of the imbalance between the prices.

For starters, ticket re-selling may seem as simple as buying tickets from the licensed sellers then hustling it to the nearest person who’d pay good dollar for it. Unfortunately, there are laws against this in certain places so you might as well try to research the laws in your state first before trying to re-sell tickets. How about if you try selling it online? Well, that’s no good too because some auction websites may allow re-selling tickets at the behest of the state laws you are in.

With that out of the way, here are the basic tips on becoming a legitimate ticket broker:

Research.  You don’t need to be a college graduate to re-sell tickets. All you need are some street-smarts and a basic understanding in marketing and sales. Of course, this also includes a basic understanding of the events whose tickets you are trying to sell. You must know your goods before you even start peddling it to the masses.

Get the tickets. Build the necessary network of contacts that can help you easily determine which tickets will be the best to sell (e.g. hard-to-find or sold-out tickets). For beginners who haven’t established any networks yet may try buying from the primary sellers, join an online ticket network, buy presale tickets, be a season ticket holder or find another person or broker who’ll be willing to trade a different ticket for the ones you want.

Find a customer. At the end of the day, this is your ultimate goal. As stated earlier there are several websites and auction sites where you can market your tickets. You can also try using a storefront or the more common, selling the tickets at site or near the venue.

As people say, experience is the best teacher. As you learn the tricks of the trade, you must know that timing is everything. You have to determine that crucial moment when selling your tickets will be most profitable. You must also be up-to-date with performers, events and shows that are popular, and therefore will have a high demand for tickets. The easiest way to do this is to read various reviews and critics from newspapers and even online, just to have a general idea about the popularity of that event.

By becoming a ticket broker, you (and your parents) will probably see those long lines in a very new light. With dollar signs on ‘em. Visit TheTicketsGuide for more information on ticket brokering and other ticket news.