TravelsinMadurai's Blog

Madurai Travel Guide -- The Temple Town of South India

Travels in Madurai
Madurai is probably the biggest cities regarding Tamil Nadu and is the second largest public corporation in the condition. It is one of the historical cities of India that has been inhabited two million in the past. This served since the seat of the Tamil powers namely Nayak dynasty and Pandya dynasty. Madurai served his or her capital city and the area is noted for the Meenakshi Amman Temple that shows the Dravidian style of architecture. As there are many Hindu wats located here, it's one of the important pilgrimage centers in India. A lot of pilgrims as well as tourists go to Madurai all round the year.

Madurai carries a prominent place in a brief history of South Asia and it was called by various brands as Thoonga Nagaram, Koodal Nagaram and Naanmaadakkoodal. From the time of Pandya Kings Tamil books flourished here and also Tamil scholars and poets have been hailed and locked in high esteem. These heritage of Madurai has made it an interesting city to check out. There are many historic places of visit here that attract tourist population.

Madurai Meenakshi Temple with its 4 immense gopurams in each direction offers a majestic look. There is a Pottramaraikkulam here that's open to all. Your temple has many places in various names along with shrines of Meenakshi, Sundareswarar and other gods along with goddesses. Some other almost holy places near Madurai tend to be Koodal Azhagar Temple, Thiruparankundram, Alagar Temple, etc.

Some of the places involving visit in the area are Thirumalai Nayak Palace, Gandhi Museum, Kazimar Big Mosque and Maqbara, Vandiyur Mariamman Theppakkulam as well as Goripalayam Dargah. Thirumalai Nayak Palace was internal 17th century from the then ruler Thirumalai Nayak that had an important role in the development of the popular Meenakshi Forehead. This palace features two portions that is Swargavilasa and Ranga Vilasa. Every evening the sunlight and sound demonstrate depicting the history of Silappathikaram is conducted here in English and Tamil 'languages'.

There is a high increase of students' neighborhood also due to the presence of many high class institutions like Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai Health-related College, Thiagarajar College associated with Engineering and Madurai Garden College. Obviously they appear out for some comfortable places to stay. So there are lots of luxury as well as finances hotels located in all the parts of the city. The actual exponential growth in the business enterprise sector, banking industry and industrial field has led to the growth of hotel sector side by side.

You can find excellent hotels in Madurai near the temple and also near railway station. If you are looking for high-class hotels then you can find some good ones in Alagar Koil Road. The cuisine associated with Madurai has the true style of Tamil people. It's its unique food items just like paruthi paal, jigarthanda and panangalkandu paal. The types like appam, kuzhi paniyaram and malligaippoo idlis will melt into your mouth. Refer the right Madurai travel manual and choose the good Madurai resorts and Madurai restaurants to create your visit remarkable in this temple metropolis.