UhChat's Blog

Live Chat and Your Online Business Strategy

An in depth look at the history of successful businesses can tell you that corporate battles have already been won and lost not purely on the basis of critical factors like the amount of investment that transforms an enterprise idea into concrete reality, the proverbial first strike advantage, or perhaps the privilege of establishing shop in under-served markets. Innovation and business strategy also have played an important role. Google is a stellar example of this hypothesis. When managing your web business, you should consider those opportunities of growth which are fueled by a clearly defined business strategy. First class customer support, of which live chat is a crucial part, can provide your company using a platform not merely to articulate effective business strategy but also to implement it. So how can live support on the website help you make a mark through effective strategy implementation and race in front of your competitors? We present a number of avenues which you can explore: - Uh Chat

Grant Live Chat Top Status
Simply becoming a member of a feature rich live help subscription and implementing it on your own website is no longer enough. Grant live chat if you are a of priority among all the service channels your contact center may be using such as email, phone and self service. Priority status involves training your chat reps within the various features and attributes of the live support application you have selected, empowering them with the merchandise and domain knowledge to manage customer queries, and above all, streamlining your chat plan to ensure that your customers and guests experience zero wait times.

Implement a two-way Mobile Chat Solution
Consumers now take more time interacting with online retailers on smartphones and tablets compared to what they do on desktops and laptops. As outlined by ComScore, 55% of time spent by consumers with internet retail and ecommerce in June 2013 occurred on the mobile device thus implying more and more customers are accessing online retail on the smartphones and handheld devices compared to they are on their desktops. Your site, therefore, not only should be responsive, meaning that it needs to be fully accessible on a smartphone, but chat should function without having a hitch. On the other end in the customer service spectrum in which your service reps provide service, your reps can respond to chat inquiries off their smartphones so that service is never interrupted even if they walk away for a couple of minutes for a quick coffee break. In case your live support software includes a mobile interface, activate it, test it and ask all your chat reps to use it while they are checked in.

Review of your Analytics
The analytics popular features of chat applications have fallen a long way in the recent past. Ask your chat supplier to send you a briefing document concerning the various analytics features that are part of your application. It is a wise decision to use these features since you're already paying for them. Analytics data, when combined with your CRM, can also generate in-depth customer profiles that may help you better understand customer behavior and leverage this data to organize ahead.

Review Chat Transcripts
Chat transcripts, which can be generated by the chat application you've got implemented, can reveal a lot of critical information not only about your clients but also about your service reps. Integrate randomly selected transcripts into the training schedule while training your reps. Measure the quality of responses and customer buying habits. You can even set up a chat transcript library to your reps as a valuable training resource.

Several reports have demonstrated that the cost of delivering customer service through live chat is really a lot less than phone or email. A technique, therefore, which places live chat in front of other service channels, will not only raise the bar from the quality of customer service you render in your customers, it will allow you to do so affordably. - Uh Chat