WaspTraps's Blog

Finding Wasp Hives

Tags: Categories: Blog November 7, 2012 @ 8:23 AM 0 Comments      

Fly traps

Nothing can ruin your backyard barbecue or picnic in the summer better than having a swarm of wasps or hornets crash it. Since a lot of these wasps and hornets are building their nests or hives closer to humans, run-ins between the two is getting more and more frequent.

A lot of different means are being developed to help people combat and eradicate these wasps before they become a much bigger problem. Some of the more effective ones involve using wasp traps that incorporate sugar water into their solution. This makes them very irresistible to wasps and hornets. This means that you don’t even have to hunt the wasp’s nests at all.

However, in order for these wasp traps to be effective in their purpose, you need to place these wasp traps in close proximity to where the wasp nests or hives are located. Some of the more common places where these wasp nests or hives can be found are in:

• Trees and shrubs – one of the more common places where wasps or hornets build their nests.
  • Open areas of your house – wasps and hornets find these areas of your house appealing to build their nests or hives in, as long as these open areas have a certain amount of protection from the harsh elements.
  • Cavities – these cavities can be found on the walls of your house, ceilings, and other nooks and crannies.

If you do find a wasp nest or hive, it is important to remember that disturbing the hive can cause the wasps and hornets to become agitated and aggressive, so it may be better to leave it alone, especially if it is in an area that isn’t a danger to you and your family.

Fly traps

Visit fatal-funnel.com for your wasp trap solution.