Last revised: May 25, 2018
The Service is a blogging platform intended for use by teachers, students, librarians, administrators, parents, and anyone else within an educational setting.
- The Information We Collect: This policy applies to all information collected via the Service plus any information you provide to us by email, by telephone, or in writing.You provide personal information to us when you register to use the Service and when you request information from us. The personally identifiable information we collect from users registering for the Service includes the following:Name
Credit card account information (if purchasing Premium Service)
The user registering for the Service can also define the members of a class and grant user access to the Service by issuing usernames and passwords to additional users.
We store all personal information submitted by users for registration purposes, and all blog text and media (images, video, embedded content) posted using the Service.
If you submit additional information to us regarding the functionality of the Service or any problems you encounter, we may use this information to improve the performance of the Service, or provide customer service to you and others. We only retain student information to support educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
When you post or comment, other users or visitors to the Service may be able to view its content depending on their viewing privileges. Users who register for the Service can assign viewing and usage privileges to other users.
WE URGE USERS TO EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN POSTING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THE SERVICE. REMEMBER, ANY INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE IN THESE AREAS MAY BECOME PUBLIC INFORMATION THROUGH THE ACTIONS OF ANY USER HAVING VIEWING PRIVILEGES.
In addition to the personal information you supply, we may collect additional information to improve the Service design, layout, and appearance; to provide personalization of the Service for users; and to evaluate the performance of any communication related to the Service. The technologies we use to gather this information may include web browser cookies, clear gifs, browser detection, and metadata.
- How We Use Information: We collect personally identifiable information from registered users so that they may have secure access to the Service. Users are responsible for safeguarding their own usernames, passwords, and email addresses. If your registration or account information has been breached, you can contact us for assistance at email@example.com.We may use your email address to answer email we receive from you and to provide status updates for the Service. From time to time, you may be invited to participate in optional customer surveys or contests, and Kidblog may request that you provide some or all of the above listed personally identifiable information. We use the information collected to contact participants, to improve our services, and develop new products and services of interest to our customers.We will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below.Kidblog may contract with unaffiliated third parties sub-processors to provide services for the Service. When we do this, we may provide your personally identifiable information to third parties solely for purpose of providing those services; all such third parties are prohibited by contract from using such information for any other purpose.
- Our Commitment to Data Security: Access to your personally identifiable information and all data you store on the Service is limited to authorized Kidblog staff and authorized service providers, and is restricted by password protection mechanisms. Kidblog replicates data over multiple systems to help to protect against accidental destruction or loss. Kidblog protects data by encrypting web Service traffic via modern TLS (“https”) protocols, and by employing firewall technologies to prevent unauthorized access to our servers.In the event of an unauthorized disclosure of personally identifiable information, Kidblog shall promptly notify you of such disclosure as required by applicable state law.
- Use of Kidblog by Children: The Service is not intended for use by unsupervised children. Only adults are authorized to register and create accounts with administrative privileges. Only accounts with administrative privileges may grant children access to the Service.THE ADULT OR ORGANIZATION REGISTERING (OR MAINTAINING OR MODERATING) A “CLASS” OR “ORGANIZATION” AND SUBSEQUENTLY CREATING AND/OR ADDING STUDENTS/USERS TO THE ACCOUNT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR (1) OBTAINING PERMISSION OF A PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF ANY USERS UNDER 13 WHO USE THE SERVICE THROUGH A CLASS ACCOUNT, UNLESS SUCH ADULT/ORGANIZATION IS PERMITTED TO PROVIDE SUCH CONSENT ON BEHLAF OF THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN; AND (2) MAKING SURE THAT THEIR USE OF THE SERVICE IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH SCHOOL GUIDELINES AND APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.Kidblog will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without consent as defined our Terms of Service.
- Legal disclaimer: We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.We may decide to sell the business or the assets associated with the Service. In any transaction of this kind, customer information, including your personally identifiable information, may be among the assets that are transferred. It is also possible that Kidblog would sell all or substantially all of its assets and business and in such case customer information, including your personally identifiable information, may be among the assets that are transferred. If we sell our business or its assets, you will be notified by a notice placed on the Service, or by an email to your last known email address as indicated in our records.This Service may contain links to other websites. Kidblog is not responsible for the privacy practices of any other websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Service, and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information. This statement of privacy practices applies only to information collected by Kidblog via the Service.
- Your Privacy Preferences: When you sign up as a registered user of the Service you may consent to receiving communications such as email newsletters, product and service updates, and promotions. If you do not want to receive certain updates, you may revoke consent via preferences within the Service, select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Access, Update, or Delete Your Personal Data: Send an email to email@example.com if you want to access, correct, or delete your personally identifiable information collected by us. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to log in with a user ID and password to verify your identity before granting you the right to access, review, or make changes to your personally identifiable information.We try to answer every email promptly where possible, and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please also note that certain personally identifiable information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, such as a legal obligation.
- How to Contact Us: We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to be responsible for our privacy program. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.Attn: Data Protection Officer
1330 Lagoon Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Copyright 2012-2019 © Kidblog Inc. All rights reserved.